Would you like to collect your chapter's dues online? This would allow your members to pay their dues using a debit card, credit card, or direct bank transfer seamlessly through your GreekTrack website. The money is then deposited into your chapter's bank account each night automatically! If so, here's how you can turn on GreekTrack Payments powered by WePay!
Enabling Online Payments
- Click on the Manage option in the menu bar.
- Scroll down to the Finances box and click on the toggle switch next to Online Payments to turn it on:
- Read about GreekTrack Payments and then click on the button to begin the setup process.
- You will be taken to a screen to create a new Chase Integrated Payments powered by WePay user. We recommend that you create a new account using a shared treasurer, president, or chapter email address so that it and the password you create can be passed on to the next set of officers.
- On the next screen you will be able to name your deposit account. We recommend that you name it your organization's name + your chapter's name (e.g., "Alpha Phi Omega - Alpha Chapter").
Here you will also be able to determine if you want the transaction fees added to each transaction or deducted from them.
- The next set of screens will be within the embedded WePay setup form. If it doesn't show up for you, you can complete the reset of the process from https://www.wepay.com
- Select your entity type which for most chapters will be Nonprofit
- Next, select your legal structure which for most chapters will be Unincorporated Association (for Headquarter Staff who are setting up the national portal, you may want to select Nonprofit Corporation).
- Next, select you Industry Category which for most chapters will be Associations and the Industry Type will be Civic, Social, and Fraternal Associations.
- Next, enter your Nonprofit Legal Name, Phone Number, and EIN. This is very important that your legal name matches what the IRS has on file for your organization for your EIN. If you are unsure of your organization's legal name or EIN and are a nonprofit organization, you may search for it from the IRS database (under Search By select Organization Name then type the name of your organization under Search Term and your city and state. You may need to try searching by your national organization's name and try again using your chapter's name to find your chapter).
If you can't find your organization in the RIRS database, you will want reference the EIN Assignment Letter your chapter received from the IRS or contact your national office to gather your EIN and legal name. If your legal name does not match your organization's EIN, the connection to your bank account cannot be established and the online payments system will be pending until the name is corrected.
- The next screen should already be filled out for you containing a short description of your organization and your chapter's website URL.
- Next, enter the legal address for your organization. This should match the most recent address on file with the IRS as reported on your 990-N e-Postcard. You can look up this information from the IRS Database as well under the Form 990-N heading on your organization's details page.
- Next up is a question about operations in foreign countries, most chapters will select No on this step:
- Next, the form will ask you for details about your Controller. Enter the name and address for your chapter's Treasurer.
- Next, enter additional details about your chapter's Treasurer. For the Job Title you may select CFO to represent your chapter's Treasurer.
- Finally, click Submit to send your organization's information to WePay for final verification!
Congratulations! You've set up your online payments account.
Over the few days your organization's information will be verified but you may immediately start collecting dues during this process. If your organization's information is approved you have no other action to take. If your organization's information is flagged for review you may need to supply additional documents to get your deposit account activated. If this is the case, you will receive an email from WePay requesting additional documentation. The most common issue is that the legal name, mailing address, and EIN don't match. WePay may request that you send them your EIN Assignment Letter that you've received from the IRS to satisfy this requirement. Another possible issue is to verify your Treasurer as the controller. In this case you may need to submit your meeting minutes that show the election of your Treasurer.
If at any time you have issues verifying your organization with WePay, please reach out to their support team here: https://wepay.com/gethelp